BRS Furia approved for use in Trade Winds.
As of this posting the Furia has also been approved in Blake Sea and Antiquity waters.
Information from the Ship Yard after the break.
Black Rose Shipyard's first foray into a true "Medium" class ship, the BRS Furia is a "tartana" style Schooner. With a name meaning "Fury", Furia has all the speed, firepower, and maneuverability that have given Schooners a well deserved reputation as pirate and navy raiders for centuries.
As a Schooner class, she has 23 hp between launching and sinking. The Lateen Sails provide plenty of power for speedy sailing, and the double head sails allow her to get with 38 degrees of the wind while not hampering her ability to turn or tack through irons while both chasing her prey or removing herself from battle in order to make another run at a now weaker enemy ship.
Like the previous ships of the Tartana style, her hull is that of a double ender. Built heavier than a similar Arabic Dhow, she can take damage as well as she dishes it out. While not a true double ender, the small transom on the back of Furia is but a small target for well aimed cannonballs and following seas.
While not as strong as the bigger medium classed ships, a well sailed schooner can hold it's own in battle provided her captain keeps their wits. This is not a ship for going broadside to broadside with a poleacre, mercury, or a xebec, but instead is a ship that is best suited for a "hit and run" style battle or for a captain who does not mind following a larger ship into the thick of battle where the Furia can add her cannon's firepower to the leading ships arsenal.
Sailed well, Furia should be a deadly adversary in battle. Sailed poorly, the merfolk will appreciate a new schooner shaped home. If you think you can handle Furia, by all means, give her a go. If your idea of battle is to pummel the other ships to splinters with massive broadside after broadside, then save your Lindens for something bigger.
Lead Naval Architect
Black Rose Shipyard
BRS Furia Data Sheet:
- Ship Type: Schooner Class
- Time period used:1700s through 1800s
- Dimensions of the ship:
Length over spars 25.8m
Physical Length 17.0m
Freeboard: 1.0m amidships, 2.3m at highest point of hull
Height of Spars: 14.2
Prims: 157 (Battle Lite: 93)
Land Impact: 199 (Battle Lite: 128)
Physics 27.9 (Battle Lite: 26.3)
- Maximum Speed 8.85m/s was highest observed
- Number of Guns and locations:8 -3 per broadside -2 Bow Chasers
- Cannon range: 175m
- Cannonball speed in meters/second: 57.7m/s
- Number of crew positions to include Captain: 3
- Kedge rate and time 7 to 10 degrees every 3 seconds (Does not stack!)
- Wind angle of when in irons 38 degrees
- Number of prims: 157
- Number of scripts and their locations in the ship: 6 in main prim, 1 in each deck barrel for crew, 1 "wake" below the waterline at the bow in a transparent prim
- Features and functions included on the ship: Furia is a hybrid prim and mesh ship. The hull is mesh, some of the rigging and seating is prim along with the mast and sprit. The sails and spars are mesh.
Captain's Camera View allows for "scrolling" from either before the captain's face or further back to get a wider angle of view